Production Operative (Wood Machinist)
Are you looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding long-term career opportunity?
Glasdon UK Limited is part of the Glasdon Group with companies in Europe and the United States. It is a market leader in the design, marketing and supply of environmental and safety products including street furniture, recycling products, road safety equipment, winter safety products, water safety products, cycle shelters and modular buildings.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Production Operative at our Poulton-le-Fylde site. Duties will be of a general wood machining nature producing inserts for composite building panels, work tops, door casings, etc. The candidate will also be required to undertake sub-assembly work of various products using hand tools.
If you have a genuine desire to succeed and wish to join a progressive company, with excellent opportunities, career development opportunities and benefits then look no further!
- General wood machining.
- Sub-assembly work of various products using hand tools.
- Cutting timber ready for production use.
- Use of wood machinery.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work environment.
- A competitive commencing wage.
- 33 days paid holiday.
- A comprehensive training programme.
- Company final salary pension scheme after a minimum of two year's service.
- Life insurance after a minimum of two year’s service.
- Pension through NEST within 3 months of start date.
- Cycle to Work scheme. Long service awards.
- Private health insurance scheme after a minimum of one year's service.
- On site communal social space for refreshments.
- Uniform & Personal Protective Equipment.
- Free on-site parking.
- Team building days.
- Paid charity days.
- A confident person with good communication skills.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have a joinery or building construction background with previous experience of wood machining, joinery/basic shopfitting, including cutting and installation of worktops, partitioning etc.
- Practically minded.
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team.
- Excellent understanding of Health and Safety.
- Ability to work from sub-assembly documentation (CAD etc).
You may also have experience in:
- Joinery, Product Assembly, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Building, Manufacturing, Production, Distribution, Warehousing, Construction, CSCS, Bench Joinery, Timber, Saw, Planer, Sander, Press, Lathe, Machining.