An exciting, challenging and rewarding long-term career opportunity has arisen for an experienced Buyer to join our existing purchasing and stock control functions at Glasdon UK Limited, Blackpool.
Glasdon UK Limited is part of the Glasdon Group with companies in Europe and the United States and is a market leader in the design, marketing and supply of environmental and safety products including street furniture, recycling products, road safety equipment, winter safety products, water safety products, cycle shelters and modular buildings.
If you have a genuine desire to succeed and wish to join a progressive company, with excellent career opportunities and benefits then look no further!
The successful candidate with be provided with full and comprehensive training, we are keen to support the professional development of the successful candidate via CIPS study and qualification.
- Control of a multi-million-pound stock holding across multiple warehouse facilities.
- Develop supplier relationships.
- Liaison with a wide range of suppliers within the UK and overseas manufacturing sectors.
- Supplier negotiations.
- Day to day support within the busy Purchasing and Stock Control departments.
- Inter-departmental liaison with all departments within the Company.
- Collaboration with the in-house supply chain (Research and Development, Product Design, QA and Sales).
- Processing of Purchasing Requisitions.
- Stock management using an in-house commercial system.
- A competitive commencing salary.
- 33 days paid holiday.
- A comprehensive training programme.
- Company final salary pension scheme after a minimum of two year's service.
- Life insurance after a minimum of two year’s service.
- Pension through NEST within 3 months of start date.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Long service awards.
- Private health insurance scheme after a minimum of one year's service.
- Subsidised on-site Café / social space.
- Dress Down Friday.
- Free on-site parking.
- Team building days.
- Paid charity days.
- Have a genuine interest in procurement practices.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, confident, and proactive.
- Commercially aware.
- An effective team player.
- Knowledge of the supply chain process.
- Be familiar with commercial computer systems.
- Good IT, literacy, numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- University Degree (2.1 or above).
- CIPS qualified or willing to undergo study support towards a CIPS qualification.
You may also have experience in;
Purchasing, Procurement, Back Orders, Batch Quantity, Management, Manufacturing, Stock & Inventory Control, Supply Chain, Negotiation, CIPS, 5S, Ordering, Requisitions, Six-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Bill of Materials (BOM), Commercial Systems, Auditing, ISO, Kaizen, Supplier Relationship Management, Total Quality Management (TQM).