The Glasdon Defender™ steel housing system is available in 3 standard internal widths, 1.2m, 1.9m and 2.6m and ten standard size combinations.
Defender™ has been assessed by a third party structural engineering company. It has been tested to and deemed to be compliant with the following building standards which are relevant to the construction type:
- BS EN 1991-1-1 Eurocode 1 Actions on Structures
- BS EN 1991-1-3 Eurocode 1 Snow Loads
- BS EN 1991-1-4 Eurocode 1 Wind Loads
- BS EN 1993-1-1 Eurocode 3 General Rules and Rules for Buildings
- BS EN 1995-1-1 Eurocode 5 Design of Timber Structures
- BS EN 1991-1-1 Eurocode 9 Design of Aluminium Structures
From price based on a footprint of 1.2 x 1.2m with 1 single door and 3 full panels.
Delivery is not included. Carriage charges are based on the location of delivery referring to this Map with Delivery Area Codes
- Choose from 10 standard size combinations from 1.2 x 1.2m up to 2.6 x 4.0m internal footprint.
- Versatile application: Defender has a clear ceiling height of 2.5m, enabling large pieces of equipment to be housed inside. It can also be supplied with or without the floor, allowing it to be easily craned as a sleeve over fixed stations of equipment.
- Adaptable design: Configure the walls of the Defender from a variety of panels including vented, inspection window, single door and double door.
- Convenient wall-mounting of lightweight equipment due to the flush internal Plywood wall surfaces.
- Time saving: robust and rigid chassis and assembly method means it can be delivered pre-assembled for ease and speed of installation.
- Minimal maintenance costs and long service life due to the corrosion-resistant plastic coated steel walls, aluminium trim panels and stainless steel base chassis.
Optional extras: standard electrical kits, lighting kits, door hold open arm kit, ventilation, air conditioning and external GRP canopy.
Chassis: Self-coloured Stainless Steel
External Wall Panels: Goosewing Grey - as standard
External Fascia Panel: Self-coloured Aluminium
Roof Internal: Self-coloured Plywood
Wall Internal: Self-coloured Plywood
Floor: Dark Brown Phenolic
Base Chassis: Stainless Steel (grade 304)
Exterior Walls: Plastic Coated Steel
Fascia Panels: Aluminium
Base: The minimum base size required is 100mm greater than the external housing size e.g. a 1.2 x 1.2m Defender will require 1.3 x 1.3m base.
The following 10 standard size combinations are available: