It is a legal requirement to illuminate the Diagram 606 signface on a roundabout chevron installation.
Schedule 3, part 4 (1.) of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 (TSRGD)* states the illumination requirements for prescribed signs that are placed on a road subject to a speed greater than 20 mph and within 50 metres of any lamp which forms part of a system of street-lighting.
Out of Sight, Peace of Mind
The Glasdon Sublite Lumino™ LED Uplighter is designed to light signfaces up to 1200mm in diameter on chevron board systems, providing excellent, efficient levels of illumination without compromising safety.
Safety and Resilience
- Safety first: the flush ground uplighter removes the potential impact hazard created by a traditional post-mounted downlighter.
- Highly resilient: made of extremely robust Durapol® material it is designed to withstand accidental drive-over while the Sublite underground box is IP68 rated to prevent dust and water ingress.
Efficiency and Sustainability
- Low energy solution: only 12w power consumption. A phototransistor ensures the unit is only illuminated during the hours of darkness and draws minimal standby power.
- Low maintenance: the LED’s have a minimum life span of 50,000 hours. Equating to approximately 10 years when operated with the built–in Photocell or with a CMS device.
- Sublite underground base box is made of 100% recycled Durapol® Material.
Combine with Glasdon Chevroflex Ultra™ Sign System
Glasdon Chevroflex Ultra™ chevron boards are a passively safe solution for highlighting roundabouts and hazards on rural roads.
Cut costs, prevent accidents and ensure chevron schemes are passively safe.
Chevroflex Ultra outperforms traditional chevron signs through:
- Improved drive through performance – certified passively safe to performance standard NE3/100, motorcycle friendly and passively safe street furniture.
- New Impactaflex™ material has been specially developed to offer superior rigidity and resilience combined with class-leading recovery performance after a drive-through collision.
- Highly visible wall effect – offer a clear indication ahead of a bend or hazard in the road.
- Easy to install socket for quick and easy sign replacement.
- Versatile configuration options to suit your requirements.