Bristol Airport is one of the UK's top ten busiest commercial flight hubs, handling more than 5.9 million passengers in 2012.
The Airport needed to replace their existing public outdoor seating, which despite a re-spray four years previously was badly corroded. The original supplier of the seats had ceased trading.
Sam Goldsworthy, Operations Support Co-ordinator for Bristol Airport, was visited by his local Glasdon representative and introduced to the wide range of Glasdon seating products. Bristol Airport wanted a robust, economically-priced metal seat that was in keeping with the modern architecture of the Bristol terminal building.
After considering a number of options, Bristol Airport purchased Alturo Seats with optional armrests.
The Alturo Seats have been well received and offer a number of benefits:
- Contemporary design fits in with surroundings.
- Aluminium seat pan and back rest and cast aluminium ends will not rust, reducing maintenance.
- Complies with Disability Discrimination Act guidelines on accessible public seating and accommodates 3 to 4 people per seat.
- Attractive aerofoil shape seat pan reduces the impact of fire damage and prevents water pooling.
- Armrests provide additional support for users.
Mr. Sam Goldsworthy, Operations Support Co-ordinator, said:
"The Alturo Seats have proved to be successful for the Airport and are both durable and low maintenance, while complementing the modern aesthetics of the terminal building.
"As we have experienced on previous projects, Glasdon were again able to offer us a cost-effective solution with outstanding service and we would not hesitate to contact them for any future requirements."
To discuss your requirements, or arrange a free, no-obligation site visit from a trained Glasdon representative, telephone us on (01253) 600 410 or email email@example.com today.