The latest facts and figures about Britain's smoking habit:
- 20% of adults in the UK smoke (as of a 2010 survey by the Office for National Statistics). Based on the latest census, that's around 10 million people.
- According to ASH (http://www.ash.org.uk/), the average British smoker gets through 12-14 cigarettes per day.
- That means the UK smokes over 120 million cigarettes a day.
- Cigarette filters account for over 40% of the UK's street litter, according to Keep Scotland Beautiful and the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management. More than 120 tonnes of cigarette-related litter are discarded every day.
- Cigarette filters take up to 12 years to biodegrade and are regularly eaten by wildlife, who mistake them for food.
- The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 in England and Wales imposes a fixed £75 fine for dropping litter.
A Glasdon cigarette bin offers smokers a safe, environmentally responsible place to dispose of their cigarette butts. Glasdon products can be wall mounted, free standing, or combine smoking control with general litter in a single, space–saving unit.
To discuss your requirements, contact our sales team today on (01253) 600 410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org