The Orbital Chevron Sign is a ready-to-install, illuminated, directional unit for roundabouts. With a 400mm chevron sign board the unit is ideal for use on highways with speeds less than 50mph.
For new installations, the Orbital Chevron is supplied with
an IP67 rated Subsafe™ underground box and lid. The Subsafe underground box
features IP68 rated glanded cable entry for a 230V mains feed and exit point
for power supply towards the Orbital Chevron unit. The Orbital Chevron control
circuit is housed inside an IP68 rated circuit housing fitted to the underside
of the Subsafe lid. Here the voltage is stepped down to 24V so that the unit is
powered by safe voltage above ground.
The supply is fed through the Orbital LockFast™ socket (or direct) into one leg of the Orbital Chevron. The supply to the LED sign unit is completed by an IP68 rated connector housed behind an access cover to the rear of one of the legs of the Orbital Chevron unit.
- 1W LED power consumption reduces energy consumption and carbon footprint.
- Illuminated 606 Sign Face - meets TSRGD requirements of illuminating Ref 606 ‘Turn Left’ sign face with low energy costs.
- The Orbital roundabout chevron sign offers safe voltage to protect vehicle occupants and emergency services in the event of an accident with the 230V main supply stepped down within the main control circuit and 24V operation above ground.
- The 24V LED unit has a minimum lifespan of 100,000 hours (approx. 11.4 years) when operated 24/7 or longer if operated with a CMS device.
- Weather resistant, water ingress protected and low maintenance.
- Cable, Snatch Plug and Socket allow safe disconnection and easy replacement if the sign carrier is damaged during a collision.
- The Subsafe™ textured lid offers a low profile when installed with added safety anti-slip texture.
- The Subsafe is supplied with a 5m length cable as standard.
- CMS compatible with moulded-in mounting which makes the chevron sign suitable for use with multiple models of remote monitoring equipment.
Black or Aircraft Grey
- Below Ground Stem or Orbital LockFast Installation
Orbital LockFast Socket: Durapol
Socket Lock: Galvanised Steel
Chevron Sign: Dibond / Retroreflective
Ref 606 Sign Face: PETG / Retroreflective
Chevron Board Size: 400mm
Height Above Ground: 1,770mm
Depth Below Ground: 500mm